Complete Mathematics Research Schools
Tuesday, 06 September 2016
At La Salle, we are determined to ensure our work truly reflects the needs of real classroom teachers. To achieve this, we work closely with schools across England. We are now recruiting additional Research Schools. Please read on for information on what being a Complete Mathematics Research School entails and how to apply.
Complete Mathematics is already the most extensive support platform for maths teaching and learning, but we are committed to keep growing, improving and making the system more and more useful, so that every maths teacher can benefit.
To help us make the right decisions, we have a number of Complete Mathematics Research Schools across the country, who we work closely with. We are now seeking to recruit 30 new secondary school partners this Autumn and then primary schools and FE colleges in the Spring term.
To apply, you must be a Head of Maths or the mathematics coordinator in a school or college in England.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOUR SCHOOL?
- Completely free access for all staff and students to Complete Mathematics
- Free on-site training for you and your team
- Free tickets to all of our #MathsConf conferences for all of your maths team
- Reduced fees on our national programmes of CPD
- A Complete Mathematics Research School badge to use on your website and communications
Combined, this package of resource and support is worth tens of thousands of pounds!
WHAT’S THE CATCH?
There is, of course, a catch.
We are sincerely looking for Heads of Maths or Maths Coordinators who want to work together with us. You are the experts, you know what is going on in the classroom. We can only make the right product for you with your help. So, we are asking for your input and advice.
WHAT DOES BEING A RESEARCH SCHOOL REQUIRE ME TO DO?
There is no set format for our research schools, with teachers contributing in different ways, but being a research school might involve some or all of the following:
- Having visits from one of our team
- Running a workshop at a MathsConf
- Running a TeachMeet (we will pay for refreshments and provide PR and a slot)
- Making introductions to your feeder primary schools
- Featuring in a case study or blog
- Running a CPD event in your region (we will do all the PR and sign up delegates)
In addition, we ask all of our Research Schools to really throw themselves into Complete Mathematics. So, we do require you to get your entire maths team on board in using the system fully (we will give you all the training and support you need).
If this opportunity is something you are interested in and can commit to becoming a Research School, then we would love to see hear from you.
To apply, please fill in the Research Schools Application Form. We will be in touch as soon as possible.
I do hope you can join the programme and help us to keep Complete Mathematics growing and relevant to classroom practitioners.